On May 12, 2016, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) amended New Source Performance Standard (NSPS) Subpart OOOO and finalized NSPS Subpart OOOOa – proposed on September 18, 2015. The final requirements include standards for GHG emissions (in the form of methane emission limitations) and standards for VOC emissions. The NSPS includes emission standards for certain new, modified, and reconstructed equipment, processes, and activities across the oil and natural gas source category. Some of the new requirements include quarterly LDAR inspections on new or modified transmission compressor stations and semi-annual inspections of new or modified well sites. The subpart specifies the use of Optical Gas Imaging (OGI) as the primary leak detection technology.
- Job Opportunities Poised for Growth in the Emerging Canadian Methane Services Industry, According to New Market Survey
- Presentation to Sarnia-Lambton Environmental Association (SLEA) Technical Committee on March 21st
- Release of Directive 084: Requirements for Hydrocarbon Emission Controls and Gas Conservation in the Peace River Area
- EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™
- New Source Performance Standard